Clarence Regional Library now provides a service to loan out Tablets to library members over the age of 18 years. This Tablet Lending Program has been developed to increase digital literacy and improve awareness of online library resources within the community.
Members will be able to borrow these tablets from any library within the library service area.
Loan Agreement Guidelines
- To borrow a Tablet, library members must be in good standing with no fines or charges and must be over 18 years of age. Proof of ID of current address is required.
- Tablets have a loan period of 28 days.
- Tablets are pre-loaded with apps to access our eLibrary collection including:
- Wheelers – eBooks
- Zinio for Libraries – eMagazines
- OneClick Digital – eAudibooks
- Spydus App – use to access your library account, reserve items & download eBooks
- BlueFire Reader -eBooks
- EBSCOhost – eResources/databases
- EBSCO eBooks
- To use the device as you receive it from the library, it does NOT require you to have a Google account. However, to personalize the device by adding additional apps from the Google Play store, music and other content, you will need to create your own Google account.
- The Tablets must be returned directly to a staff member at the Service Desk to ensure proper check-in. They MUST NOT be placed in Library’s Returns bin.
- As the device is set back to factory settings, any files or apps downloaded by the borrower onto the Tablets will be deleted upon return to the library.
- Tablets must be returned in the condition in which they are borrowed with all cords and accessories.
- If a Tablet or any of the accessories are lost, stolen, or returned damaged the borrower will be responsible and will be charged a replacement fee.
Below is a YouTube clip to assist members in using a Samsung Tablet