The first Anglican Church on the plateau, St Stephen the Martyr, Dorrigo, was consecrated on September 8, 1909. During the century that followed the parish replaced the original church, built two rectories, a hall and played a major role in the construction and maintenance of a Union Church (Methodist, Presbyterian and Anglican) at Deervale.
The existing church, dedicated as a War Memorial was consecrated in 1970 and the present rectory in 1976. Our oldest building, the GFS Hall, a centre for social events in the town, for more than 70 years, was opened in 1939.
Read more at Dorrigo Anglican Church’s website.