Is the library open?
Yes. From Monday 22 June, all libraries re-opened to the public with COVID-19 restrictions in place.
- Opening hours and visitor numbers are restricted.
- Social distancing measures are enforced.
- All visitors will be required to hand sanitise on entry and exit.
- Library visitors must have a library card
- Returned items will be quarantined for 24 hours as per NSW Health directive.
What are the restrictions on visitor numbers & opening hours?
From Monday 22 June, maximum visitor numbers will be:
Grafton Library (50 people) Mon to Fri 10am – 4pm
Maclean Library (7 people) Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri 10am – 12noon and 3pm – 4pm
Yamba Library (7 people) Mon, Tue, Fri 10am – 12noon and 3pm – 4pm ; Wed 10am – 12noon
Iluka Library (3 people) Mon, Wed, Fri 10am – 12noon and 3pm – 4pm
Also, visiting is limited up to maximum of 45 minutes at Grafton, Maclean, Yamba & Iluka libraries.
Bellingen Library (20 people) Tue to Fri 10am – 12noon & 1pm – 5pm ; Sat 9:30am – 12noon
Dorrigo Library (8 people) Tue to Fri 10am – 12noon & 1pm – 4pm ; Sat 9:30am – 12noon
Urunga Library (10 people) Tue to Fri 10am – 12noon & 1pm – 4pm ; Sat 9:30am – 12noon
This is the maximum we can accommodate and still maintain safe physical distancing. If the library is at maximum capacity, you may be asked to wait until a person has left.
Other ways to borrow
You can reserve items on our website or library app. When you are notified, collect your items from the reservations shelf at your local library during operating hours.
Your library card gives you access to our eLibrary with over 7000 eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines ready to download now, for free, on your smartphone, tablet or PC.
- eBooks (BorrowBox, Ziptales, TumbleBooks)
- eAudiobooks (BorrowBox & RBdigital)
- eMagazines (RBdigital)
- StoryBox Library
- eResources – includes World Book, Britannica Online, Haynes Motor Manuals, EBSCO databases for research & study.
Can I return my library books?
Yes, we encourage members to return items using the returns chutes available at all libraries. Returned items will be quarantined for 24 hours.
Please note: items may not be removed from your library account during this quarantined period.
Good News: we will no longer be charging late fees for overdue items.
Is access to public computers available?
Yes, libraries are providing limited access to public computers during the reduced operating hours. Please call your library, as bookings are essential.
- Grafton, Iluka, Maclean & Yamba libraries – maximum of 45 minutes per person per day applies.
- Bellingen, Dorrigo & Urunga libraries – maximum of 1 hour per person per day applies.
All computer workstations are wiped down and cleaned in between bookings.
WiFi access is available outside at all libraries.
Services currently NOT available
- Access to study and seated reading spaces
- Access to meeting rooms
- Face-to-Face public events and storytime (check out our Facebook page for online events and activities)