BEACH TO BUSH – wherever you are this summer, your Summer Reading Club is a great place to hang out – JOIN HERE!
Summer Reading Club is Fun, Free and Fabulous
Step 1: If you’re not a library member, it’s easy to join. If you’re under 15 just get a parent or guardian to join you up at your local library. If you’re a visitor to our area, you can make use of our fabulous spaces or join up as a reciprocal member.
Step 2: Be a part of the Summer Reading Club. That’s easy too! Drop in and pick up an activity pack, borrow some books or e-books, sign up for one of our January Holiday activities, or explore the world around you and share your discovery of local flora and fauna with us and your friends.
We have some great prizes in our GINORMOUS Summer Reading Club prize draw. You can win one of 3 Classic LEGO sets or a Vivitar 4k Action Camera. Our library team will put your name into the draw for:
- Each activity in your Summer Reading Club Pack that you complete and show them
- Each holiday activity you register for and attend.
The more you do, the more entries you can get. All entries must be in by 12:00PM on Friday, 24 January.
Summer Reading Club encourages young readers to discover great authors and illustrators of picture books, junior and young adult fiction and non-fiction in hard copy, audio book or e-book formats.
Get in touch! And we’d love your feedback too! Give us your book raves, send us the images of your favourite reading place or book, and let us know what you are discovering about the world around you this summer.
As a parent you can encourage your child to participate in the Summer Reading Club by:
- Taking your child to the library and help them select books to read during the summer holidays. Our staff will be able to help guide your child to select reading materials that are of interest to them.
- Encourage your child to participate in the online and in-library activities and resources. Go through the activity book with them.
- Take an active part in our Beach to Bush: Explore, Discover and Identify program.