Clarence Regional Library provides a range of resources to assist students with their HSC studies. As part of the library’s HSC Collection students can access various Excel guides and study notes.
If you are unable to find information, submit your question using our online Request for Information. Our Information Services staff can assist you in your research.
Clarence Regional Library subscribes to a range of eResources which you can access at the library and from home. All you need is your Library barcode (from your library card) and a PIN (see library staff to arrange for a PIN/password to be added to your card if you don’t already have one).
These online resources can provide full text material covering virtually every subject area from journals, newspapers, newswires and reference books.
- The State Library of NSW Readers Card enables you access to their range of Databases from Home. Follow the prompts, get your card, and get online.
HSC Subject Links
- HSC Library Resource Guide for senior secondary students This guide created by Charles Sturt University will offer you resources, information and advice, that will help you during preparation for your HSC. It includes:
- links to past exams and study guides
- free online resources for each year 12 subject or stream
- free multidisciplinary resources
- Inside Break, provided by Manly, Pittwater and Warringah Council Libraries, is full of information and links to lectures, resources, past exams, and more
- STUDYVIBE is an online interactive learning space designed to inspire high school students to become lifelong learners
- HSC English Research Guides, from the State Library of NSW, will help you find the best books, articles, websites, online databases, and catalogues – sourced and verified by library experts – covering a range of fiction, non-fiction, film, television and Shakespeare components
- SparkNotes has free online study guides for novels, poetry, and Shakespeare provided by Harvard University.
- Classic Notes provides free study guides for hundreds of titles from novels, plays, poetry, and film
- e-rudite HSC – This useful site discusses the HSC English texts and suggests other material to read on the set topic. There are useful links to discussions of texts and authors.
- Find Legal Answers (Legal Information Access Centre), from the State Library of NSW, provides a targeted service to assist HSC legal studies students and teachers.
- The Find Legal Answers tool kit is a collection plain language books to answer everyday questions about the law and can be found in all Clarence Regional Library branches.
- The Legal Studies Research Guide provides useful resources for teachers and students of Legal Studies. Organised according to NSW HSC syllabus topics, these resources list key links to relevant legislation and key cases and provide strategies for finding useful articles and media reports
- Hot Topics is a series published by LIAC about recent changes and current debates in the law. Written by experts in the field, and presented in plain language, each issue includes case studies and contacts. . Topics covered include domestic violence, voting and elections, human rights and international humanitarian law.
- HSC Legal Studies News Watch Blog provides recent legal issues to changes to the law, recent cases and new legislationSociety and Culture
Personal Interest Project (PIPs)
These Personal Interest Projects for the HSC subject of Society and Culture have been made available at Grafton and Bellingen libraries through the cooperation of the State Library and the Society & Culture Association. They are examples of “best practice” for developing a students own Personal Interest Project for this course and provide an insight into the diversity of topics covered by students.
These PIPs can only be viewed at the above locations under the supervision of library staff, no additional copies are to be made.