Clarence Regional Library acknowledges the Bundjalung, Gumbaingirr and Yaegl peoples as the traditional custodians of these lands on which our libraries are located.
Did you know your library supports Aboriginal culture and literature?
These resources ranges from artworks, photographs, printed books (including junior fiction and non-fiction) as well as local studies.
Items are highlighted by the Aboriginal Flag label.
10 indigenous authors you can find in your library
- Alexis Wright
- Kim Scott
- Melissa Lucashenko
- Anita Heiss (Many of the titles in Anita’s challenge lists below are not held in the library)
- Vivienne Cleven
- Ambelin Kwaymullina
- Bruce Pascoe
- Larissa Behrendt
- Tony Birch
- Ali Cobby Eckermann
Useful local information
- Breimba – Lindt Research Project (project documents held at Grafton Library)
- Gurehlgam community service
- Yarrawarra Aboriginal Cultural Centre
- Muurrbay Aboriginal Language and Culture Co-operative
- Clarence Valley Aboriginal Heritage Study